Did you know that HEMP ...
- ... can always be grown ecologically? And is an environmentally friendly alternative for cotton that absorbes pesticides and wood from our primeval forests?
- ... produces about four times more raw fiber than trees?
- ... is stronger, keeps its shape more and is more durable than cotton?
- One T-shirt made of 55% hemp and 45% organic cotton, can save more than 2500 litres (usually drinkable) water compared to one T-shirt made from 100% common cotton?
- ... has a higher absorption capacity. Hemp clothing has the advantage that it can "breathe", this keeps you warm in the winter and ' cooler ' in the summer.
- There are more than 25,000 products that can be made from hemp including paper, textiles, paint, food, drinks, body care, building materials & eco-plastics, polymers, oils,...?
- ... grows almost everywhere, also in Asia and Africa where many people live in poverty and suffer from malnutrition?
- ... was used in the 1920s for up to 80% of the clothing and textile production?
- seeds are extremely nutritious? They are rich in proteins, omega 3-6-9 and vitamin B!